12.22.2011

As We Celebrate

There are so many different celebrations this time of year, all of them glorious. My own preference is for the winter solstice - the longest night, yes, but punctured by light (both electrical and sun). It gives me peace to see the darkness filled with and ultimately answered by light, and that peace leads me to gratitude: for family and friends, for poets brave enough to share their poems, for readers everywhere, and for the abundance that makes Architrave possible.

In that same spirit, I offer you this short poem by Lucille Clifton. It's a blessing suitable for any occasion or season and it never fails to calm me. I hope you find it similarly useful.


I'll be taking a brief blog break; the next post will appear Thursday, December 29.
photo: M. Dellas

No comments:

Post a Comment